Saturday, April 21, 2012

Time for Weimer 5K

We are hosting a 5K Run, Walk and Roll for SMA and the Weimer family on August 11 of this year, 2012, at the Heritage Park in Farmington, UT.  Anyone is welcome!  There will be a shorter 1/2 mile loop for the little ones, and any adults that don't feel like running 3 miles (wink!).  We will have live music, hosted by the wonderful Karlie McKinnon (see this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKHQHJfv4o8 ), as well as food and prizes.  Registration for the 5K is posted to the right, and all registration is done through active.com.  We will be making shirts for the event, so if you cannot attend but would like to order a shirt, please email Jessie Cloward at timeforweimer@gmail.com.  Any question/concerns may also be sent to that address.  Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am friends with these wonderful people and would love to be a part of this!!! Let me know how I can help/participate in any way!!! Kathy Taylor nicktaylor98@hotmail.com I LOVE this wonderfully brave family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the privilege to be the mother, mother in-law and grandmother to this family of angels ! I honor Ryan & Lana with all my heart ! I am blessed forever because of them and my beautiful grandchildren. God has a special rose garden in heaven. Here in this garden dwell his choicest little one's. He knows in sending them to earth he must choose his most faithful, courageous, strongest gardeners to care for his special little one's. His choices are few, for not many can deal with the loss of a child, let alone 2, with faith and hope. In Ryan & Lana he has found a trust and faith in them, so much so that he has sent 4 of his choicest little ones to them. To me this is one of the highest compliments God could give to a parent. For I believe it is one of the hardest trials we ever face as a parent. I know, for my own daughter died 8 years ago at the age of 9. I know how hard it is for Lana to accomplish just the everyday things a mother is called on to do. I help her as much as I can, but living 4 hours away doesn't grant me as much time as I would like to be able to help.I am in awe of Lana's patience and deep love and devotion to her family. Please help in anyway you can.

    ReplyDelete